Google removes anti-gay app
Google evacuated an application that advanced supposed "transformation treatment" from its Play Store, following weight from a LGBT rights hall.
The application was made by Texas-based Christian gathering Living Hope Ministries, which claims it assists gay individuals with "leaving" their sexuality.
"In the wake of counseling with outside support gatherings, looking into our arrangements, and ensuring we had a careful comprehension of the application and its connection to transformation treatment, we've chosen to expel it from the Play Store, steady with other application stores," a Google representative told CNBC in a messaged articulation Friday.
The move came after social liberties assemble Human Rights Campaign dropped the tech monster from its yearly Corporate Equality Index, which assesses how well organizations do at supporting LGBT representatives.
In the report, a reference expresses that the association knew an application circulated on Google's Play Store had advanced change treatment.
Latest from Longe Magazine Staff Writer
- Should A$AP Rocky Perform In Sweden After Assault Conviction?
- Is Kanye West Loosing his mind? Wants to change his name to Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West
- Do You need "No Promo? Find out what Texas P has to say!
- Man in dies Hawaii after falling down lava tube hidden in his backyard
- Tinashe is now with Roc Nation Management