Google removes anti-gay app
Google evacuated an application that advanced supposed "transformation treatment" from its Play Store, following weight from a LGBT rights hall.
The application was made by Texas-based Christian gathering Living Hope Ministries, which claims it assists gay individuals with "leaving" their sexuality.
"In the wake of counseling with outside support gatherings, looking into our arrangements, and ensuring we had a careful comprehension of the application and its connection to transformation treatment, we've chosen to expel it from the Play Store, steady with other application stores," a Google representative told CNBC in a messaged articulation Friday.
The move came after social liberties assemble Human Rights Campaign dropped the tech monster from its yearly Corporate Equality Index, which assesses how well organizations do at supporting LGBT representatives.
In the report, a reference expresses that the association knew an application circulated on Google's Play Store had advanced change treatment.
Latest from Longe Magazine Staff Writer
- Big Hookz is heading for the Top with his hit song "Break you down"
- New hit single "Break You Down" by Big Hookz # 4 on Itune UK Reggae Charts
- Depression And Anxiety Taraji P Henson Talks about struggles
- Trump Impeachment report says he abused his presidency by pushing for Ukrainian interference in 2020 election
- Should A$AP Rocky Perform In Sweden After Assault Conviction?