- Hits: 277
To showcase your own designs at the 2013 Fashion Showcase in September. You're compensation for the show is base on having 10 Fans/Audience in your corner to chair you on. Each designer must sign a contract for the showcase. We will provide models, location, dressers, hair stylist, and make-up artist for the event. All you need is your design
Hours: 10+ hours per week. Schedule is negotiable
Compensation: Internship position is not compensated, but any required or necessary paperwork will be completed to provide college credits. Intern will receive complimentary meals and transportation support. Promotion for your design via Internet, TV, Radio, Press Releases, Flyers, Poster and commercial for several months
The first set of hours will be spent on getting 10 Looks and preparing for the showcase; along with getting your fan base for the show. Please note: Your credits will be signed off on, once you have highlighted your Designs.
Program Eligibility & Submission:
• Students interested in the field of Fashion Designer/Stylist/Marketing
• Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above (Fashion design majors Preferred)
• Beneficial, but not necessary: Few design
• Must enjoy working with public sector, Must be strongly reliable and punctual
• Great organizational and communication skills, Attention to detail , Complete application
• Two letters of recommendation
• One-page essay about what student hopes to gain from internship
• Submission of requirements for internship completion/credit
• Interview with Director Requirements:
-Must have experience in sewing and construction
-Creative problem solving ideas & Professional, pleasant attitude!
Longe Magazine Event Marketing:
General Description of Duties
The Events and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the management and coordination of all
events of Longe Magazine and will be supervised by the Director of Development. Additionally, this
position is responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing and public
relations plans and the maintenance of the website. This position develops sponsorship/trade/business arrangements and relationships with businesses, individuals, and organizations interested in supporting Longe's events and activities. This position will work in coordination on other projects as assigned with the Director of Development, other office staff, and volunteers in attracting funding for Longe Magazine.
This position reports to the Director of Development.
Prefer 2 to 4 years experience in a paid special events, marketing and website management position.
Evidence of successful event, sponsorship, marketing, public relations, website and business
development/relationship programs required.
Graduation from a 4-year college or university required. A 2-year degree with a minimum 5 years
related work experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization, may substitute. Communication,
marketing, and/or public relations experience desirable.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Planning, implementation and follow-up for all special events and annual receptions.
• Develop and maintain event and volunteer databases.
• Manage all aspects of volunteer committees and volunteer coordination, including but not
limited to, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement.
• Coordinate event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral
material design, production and distribution.
• Responsible for the development and fulfillment of the events and marketing budgets.
• Responsible for silent auction, prize and in-kind donation solicitations for each event.
• Cultivate and expand sponsorship development and fulfillment.
• Cultivate and implement with the Director of Development a business-based donor development
• Coordinate logistics of event ticket sales.
• Supervise and coordinate with event contractors.
• Annually develop and implement marketing plans and materials.
• Write, submit and follow-up to ensure placement on press releases and stories to established
contacts with local and regional media.
• Maintenance of website.
• Broaden social networking to benefit the organization.
• Establish and expand merchandise opportunities.
• Actively participate and staff committees as necessary and appropriate.
• Assist the Executive Director and Director of Development in other sponsorship programs as
• Other duties as directed and required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed with this job description are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively
to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write a business letter, an article, and a
press release. Comfortable and competent in making presentations to groups.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities
Position requires demonstrated applied skills in word processing, website maintenance and other
computer software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
and the ability to learn fund raising and web design and management computer software programs.
Ability to work without direct supervision in a small office environment if required. Ability to hold
a valid Colorado Driver's License and possess a car that can be used for work purposes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Longe Magazine in publishing company is looking for eager and hard-working interns with an interest in communication and public relations to come in and help at least 10-15 hours per week.
Clients include those in the fashion, lifestyle, design, and entertainment fields. Candidates should possess strong written and verbal communication skills, basic computer knowledge, and ability to manage a multitude of task.
Responsibilities include managing social media accounts, writing and editing press materials, creating and managing press kits, media database management, answering phones, scheduling, filing, research, occasional work-related errands, etc. Internship is for school credit only.
This is an opportunity for Business/Fashion/ Entertainment journalist wishing to learn the ropes of journalism for a magazine.
+ Have a willingness to learn writing and newsgathering, as well as a passion for magazine journalism.
+ Be well-versed in celebrity news as well as hard news (tragedies, disasters, massacres).
+ Be Internet savvy: Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, celebrity gossip sites and blogs, etc.
This is an un-paid position, although expenses will be paid, and we give college credits and glowing reports/references for our interns who impress! A number of our interns have become full-time members of staff.
You'll be working alongside experienced journalists producing content for the some of the biggest media brands in the world. Our days and hours are flexible, but we'd prefer interns to check-in with status two days per week. Our headquarters are in CT, but you can work remotely. Interns must produce 20-30 Articles of 750+ words over a period of 3-6 months to obtain full college credit.
Along with your résumé, please send a cover letter introducing yourself and any articles you've had published or a sample of your writing. Please note, only serious applicants with strong work ethic to apply, please.
Develops the images, design, layout, and formatting for a variety of projects that can include proposals, presentations, and marketing materials (proposals, statements of qualification, brochures, advertisements, newsletters, websites, electronic deliverables, etc.). Self-starter who requires minimal direction and oversight. Experienced in operating in an office environment—high level of creativity combined with business sense. All other duties as assigned.
* College Student in good standing with required
* Magazine Layouts, Conceptualizes and creates graphic design solutions, from concept to completion, including the preparation of electronic files for a variety of final media. Works closely with internal clients to develop strategies and materials that achieve their goals while adhering to corporate standards/templates.
* Designs may integrate typographic, photographic, illustrative and graphic elements. Excellent written, listening and interpersonal communication skills and excellent organization and planning skills. Establishes and maintains primary and backup vendor relationships which can support final project within tight deadlines.
* Provides design consultation and graphic recommendations for enhancing overall layout quality, attractiveness, and effectiveness. Takes initiative to learn/understand requirements and/or goals of project to effectively support and deliver product that meets/exceeds client expectations.
* Able to effectively manage multiple projects with competing/changing deadlines. Must have experience with departmental processes and procedures — development and implementation.
* Must be able to think and resolve issues quickly – excellent problem solving skills. Strong design abilities and proficiency in software applications: InDesign, InCopy, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and the MS Office suite is required. Must function well in team environment, making contributions to advance overall team capabilities.
Knowledgeable in design principles, practices, techniques, and processes. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under minimal supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager. A great deal of creativity and latitude is expected.
We are seeking several outstanding Marketing Interns to assist various business units within Longe Magazine & Distribution Group with the execution of direct marketing campaigns Over the next the year. This position requires strong communication and PC skills, and the ability to prioritize assignments and work in a fast-paced environment.
* Assist marketing managers and associates in conducting quantitative analysis
* Create Marketing Plan that will enable subscription for Longe Magazine
* Assist with obtain ADs for Magazine
* Assist with Magazine Layout
* Review advertisement samples and approve tracking codes
* Organize advertisements
* Other administrative project management tasks
* College Student in good standing with required
* Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related field
* Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills â€“ both verbal and written
* Strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel and Word are required
* Experience with SPSS, Access, or other database application is highly preferred
* Experience with direct marketing is a plus
* Quantitative, analytical, and detail-oriented mind set, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Benefits: Work Remotely or On-site depending on location, Earn College Credits, Traveling, Salary based on Commission.
Longe Magazine is a growing Company working in a niche market for entrepreneur in Business, Fashion, and Entertainment. Longe Magazine has three major units to its name. Longe Magazine Physical distribution of Longe Magazine and Longe TV. An intern is accepted to be apart of our team will have the opportunity to grow and develop working knowledge of the media industry and how it works.
Longe Magazine is seeking a Sales/Marketing intern to help in the sales/marketing department, as well as some help in production. We need someone who is incredibly organized, smart, self-sufficient, and outgoing.
The person should be able to multitask and thrive in a fast paced environment. We need someone who can help with database management, PPT presentations, and keeping up with social media. This person will have the opportunity to attend some Longe Magazine shoots.
We are looking for someone who has an interest in marketing, sales and media. This is a well-rounded internship where you will learn all aspects of the companies. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to build their resume and body of work, because the interns are an integral part of the company.
This is not a coffee internship and interns are given real responsibilities.
- Research and analytical wizard- Must absolutely love researching online
- Be knowledgeable with Compete, Comscore, Klout, SEO and social media metrics
- Incredibly proficient with Microsoft office, Excel or Google Spreadsheet
- Assist in researching potential sales - Manage CRM database
- Assistance with Longe Magazine marketing materials We will need someone starting end of May/beginning of June through mid/late August.
-Credit for school may be given if needed. For more information about the company, visit www.longemagazine.com
The successful candidate for this internship will work closely with a Longe Magazine. The candidate will be responsible for developing the presentation layer of the Longe Magazine updates and Design;
If you possess the necessary skills to code web interfaces by hand using HTML,
Along with your resume, please send a cover letter and link to a sample of your work if available.
Must demonstrate knowledge in HTML and CSS (code samples will be
Requested) • an understanding of programming skills such as .NET, PHP, or
We will provide the intern with mentoring in database use within web sites, as well as good programming design and standards, and web accessibility. College Credit Only.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume and cover letter as instructed below.
"Longemagazine (@) Gmail. com"